Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Song of the Day 14: Neutral Milk Hotel - Song Against Sex


As stereotypical as it may be, I am one of the people who think Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over The Sea is a perfect record. Upon first listening of that record I had no idea the band had previously released any other music. I was so focused on IAOS that no other music mattered to me for about a three month period. However once I discovered their debut record On Avery Island, I immersed myself in a new experience from a band I thought i'd known inside and out. As the opening song of the record, "Song Against Sex" is both an energetic beginning and a beautiful introduction to what is to come from the band. With both the strange lyricism and unpredictable musicianship, Neutral Milk Hotel stamp their unique style onto the listener immediately.

No comments: