Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Song of the Day 27: It ain't hard to tell - Nas & Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Four Tet mix)


Today I decided on a song a little outside the norm. For the most part I loath remixes and mash-ups of any sort, but lately I've come across a rare variety of truly creative songs that I think deserve some credit. A while ago I came across this mix of two songs by two artists that couldn't be any different. Whoever it was that did this mix took the instrumentals from Godspeed You! Black Emperor's song 'Sleep' and added in the vocals from Nas' "It Ain't Hard To Tell" to create a surprisingly perfect product. The melodies and flow from each song go together so well it almost seems intentional. Though many fans from each group may dislike the clashing of the two genres, this mix remains a truly impressive feat of strength by the creator.

No comments: